Our little Acorns have access to a variety of learning environments including the spacious Village Hall, our playground area, our Allotment, outdoor classroom space as well as access to the music room and outdoor amphitheatre at the local primary school. All of this means that our wonderful staff are able to plan for and provide a huge variety of experiences for your child.
- 08.45-09.00– Children arrive and enjoy free play
- 09.00– Circle time and registration. During this time our wonderful staff will sing songs, discuss activities for the day and talk about any exciting upcoming events.
- 09.15-10.15– Free play for the children where staff will work with your child on their next steps, get to know their new favourite activities and help them build on their own areas of interest.
- 10.15-10.45– Snack time- we operate a rolling snack time where your child is offered a healthy snack when it will not disturb them from their play and investigations
- 10.45-11.45– Free play (including the playground) building on the learning and play for the morning.
- 11.45– End of morning session
- 11.45-12.15– Lunch time followed by story time and songs to welcome any new children for the afternoon
- 12.15-14.30– Indoor & Outdoor play for all (Monday is our Woodpeckers Forest School) as well as yoga, dance, investigation, phonics and number activities for our Squirrels session on Thursday’s (those going to school in the following academic year)
- 14.30-14.45– Song or Story of the Week
- 14.45– End of the day
Throughout each week all little Acorns will have the opportunity to explore the local environment; from trips to the neighbouring farm to meet the chickens to testing their strength and skills at the village Recreation Ground or digging and tending to our vegetables at the Allotment
However on Monday afternoons our Acorns get to enjoy a forest school experience. You can find out more about our Woodpecker Woodland Adventure sessions here.